Thread: Interesting tidbits from Video Watchdog's Exorcist special

Interesting tidbits from Video Watchdog's Exorcist special

"One gentleman (who shall remain nameless) said that Kinderman didn't look smart enough and, to remedy this, I should reverse the dialogue in the scene where Kinderman interviews the president of Georgetown University, giving Kinderman all the answers!"
    "There was actually a brief shot of the decapitated priest, holding his head in his lap, which we filmed, the purpose of which was to give you, almost subliminally, a flashing insight into the real horror of the killer's mind. But we never used it. What happened was, at the time we were filming this scene, I was asked if I planned to do a zoom and I said, 'Of course.' Then I deliberately didn't because, if I had done the zoom, there is no question that it would have been used in the film, and we would have had a close-up of this decapitated head, and it was simply against my religion to do that. As evidence of my own fallibility, I must confess that, later on, I felt moments of yearning for that shot. With some prodding from the studio, I commissioned an optical to push the shot in closer, but it was grainy and awful and unusable, and at the end I felt relieved. I never wanted the scene in the first place."
    Blatty reports that, despite his current denials, Friedkin was initially enthusiastic about The Exorcist III, and was at various times enlisted to direct. "It was on and off a thousand times. We were set to collaborate with Warners many years ago on Legion, and we fell apart on the very night before the big meeting. Billy suddenly decided he didn't want to work with Jason Miller again, didn't want to do anything involving decapitations... I don't know, there were a million excuses. It disappointed me very much at the time, although he was going off in some very bizarre areas. He wanted to open the film with an aerial shot of some mutilated cattle - I don't know what the hell that had to do with anything. A few years later we came together again on it for the Weintraub Organization, but we couldn't agree on the script. First he loved the script, then as soon as I was signed, Billy suddenly wanted changes which I refused to make.

Well, look, I don't want to appear unreasonable or uncollaborative, so I'm going to tell you one of Billy's proposals: it was that the story should center not on Legion, but should be an independent entity, in which Linda Blair gives birth to twins who are possessed! And I just said 'I don't think so, Bill. I don't think so at all.'"

lol, Billy, wtf?
    What we give to the poor is what we take with us when we die.

The "Keeper of the Ninth"

It goes on to say Billy denies ever agreeing to work with Blatty on Legion lol.

Man that guy fibs a lot.
    What we give to the poor is what we take with us when we die.

The "Keeper of the Ninth"

I'll scan the whole thing soon. I posted scans a while back on CH.com of the article on the original movie but I hadn't actually read the sequel part until yesterday.

Configuration of the documents is done for the fulfillment of the goals for the humans. The chain of the patterns and essay paper is induced for the movement of the struggle for the humans. The chain is amalgamated for the success of the youngsters.

Most people enjoy lots of the chats, My partner and i in fact knowledgeable, I'd personally favor additional information in relation to this kind of, given that it really is great., Together with as a result of acquire dispersing. 안전공원

thanks

Ordinary comes to visit and listed below are one way to thanks for your time for one's exertion, which inturn means that So i'm seeing this website every single day, hunting for unique, important tips. A number of, many thanks! Tax Advisors

Thread Information