Thread: Latest news

Thumbs up Latest news

Excerpt from original interview with Brian Freeman (the entire interview will be in the upcoming limited, signed edition of The Exorcist 8 Legion as one volume through Cemetery Dance publications):

CD: Looking back, is there anything you would change about the film now if you could?

WPB: Yes and no. I would love to have been able to include the subplot involving Karl and his daughter Elvira, which I did in my first draft, but that script ran to 172 pages, much, much too long. But I might have it my way in the near future, inasmuch as I've written an Exorcist miniseries script that not only faithfully includes all the main elements of the novel, but also some rather spooky new material and scenes, as well as a totally new (and perhaps much more satisfying) ending. I've also updated it. Billy Friedkin has agreed to direct.
    I asked Bill about the status of this a few days ago, and here is a small update on his part:

"The mini script is written, is light years better than my original film script, and Billy is still willing, but at the moment, with the economy and Hollywood in shambles, no big buyers have appeared. But as Regan/Demon says, "In time!""
    What we give to the poor is what we take with us when we die.

The "Keeper of the Ninth"

if you get your hands on that script somehow Ry, I absolutely NEED to READ!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...eries-planned/

A few days ago we reported that Morgan Creek and Roy Lee were planning to produce a TV series remake of The Exorcist, written and directed by Martha Marcy May Marlene‘s Sean Durkin. Since the story broke on Vulture it’s unclear what the original source was, but we’ve just received a message from William Peter Blatty, who wrote the original novel and screenplay, assuring us that the rumours are “utterly false”. According to Blatty, it would be impossible for Morgan Creek to produce the show as the rights still belong to Blatty himself.

Interestingly, it seems that Blatty and The Exorcist director William Friedkin are planning to do something with those rights, which means that we might still see an Exorcist TV show with the original creators behind it. In the same message, Blatty states that the 2009 announcement of a miniseries written and directed by himself is still a potential plan, though not one that has come to fruition yet.

Friedkin and I have a new miniseries remake script that we hope will one day be picked up.

Either the Durkin miniseries was just a false story, or it’s a real plan and we’re about to see the beginning of a rights dispute. Personally I’m rooting for Blatty and Friedkin’s version to get made, and for Blatty to once again cast Brad Dourif in a villain role. You can never have enough Dourif.
    What we give to the poor is what we take with us when we die.

The "Keeper of the Ninth"

Thread Information